Join me for our new JLI course, Crime and Consequence to
- question judicial practices that seem unethical and unfair,
- discover and recover the humanity within all people, including criminals
- explore ways to prevent crime from ever taking place.
- Answers to questions such as: Is life-without-parole a justifiable penalty? Is it within our right to sentence a man to death? And what is the goal of punishing criminals? Is it to gain retribution, keep criminals off the street, or to rehabilitate the criminal and reintroduce him to society?
- The sensitivity and skills to better relate to acquaintances who may have committed a crime in their youth and now seek reentry into the workplace and society.
- Unique insight and a voice of reason and compassion from Judaism’s “wisdom of the ages” to approach one of today’s most complex issues that appears in the news all the time.
Starting 7:15pm today at Kirsh Goodness & Kindness Centre 8 Stella Street, Sandton
Looking forward to welcoming you in person.
Rabbi Ari Kievman
P.s. Try the first lesson free of charge and with no obligation. Just hit reply to let me know and I’ll save you a seat.
More info at www.jli.org.za