5 cups of cake flour or 1 kg
1 teaspoon salt
4 packets of dry yeast or 4 blocks fresh yeast
3 jumbo eggs
1 box orley whip or 150 ml milk
150 ml melted marg or butter (only melt 1/2 in the orley whip)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- Warm the orley whip/ milk and marg in a pan until just warm enough to melt the marg, remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and liquid to the flour and kneed until it has a velvet texture.
- Cover with a warm damp cloth and all to prove for 1/2 hour in a warm part of the kitchen.
- Cut the dough in half for ease of working, roll the dough out flat and about 3 mm thick.
- Sprinkle a lot of cinnamon and sugar mix on the dough and roll up length ways.
- Cut the rolled dough into 5 cm thick slices and stoop into very light greased muffin tins.
- Allow the bulkas to stand and prove for 30 min in a warm part of the kitchen before baking at 180 degrees for 20 min.