1 kg Danish pastry dough (order from Shirley’s)
250 gm Chocolate Chips
1 beaten egg (coat the dumpling before baking)
1 cup syrup
2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Combine syrup and water in a pot and boil until nicely bubbling than reduce the heat for a 5 min simmer. Remove from heat & add the vanilla essence.
- To form the dumpling break the dough into slightly smaller than squash the ball size pieces &flatten with the palm of your hand.
- in the middle of the pastry put a large pinch of choc chips & pinch the pastry closed, than gently roll into a nice shaped ball.
- Spray a deepish oven proof dish with spray & cook &put the balls in, brush with a little egg wash until lightly golden brown.
- When cool pour the sauce over
- garnish with beaten cream or parev substitute, fresh mint and orange rind.